Getting Started - 6 steps to owning your own PET DEPOT® Franchise
1. APPLY. Fill out the on-line e-mail application or you can download, print and fax or mail the application. Filling out the application creates no obligation or commitment between us, and all information you provide is held in strictest confidence.
Once it’s clear to us that you have the ability to properly fund the build-out of your store, and that you’re a good candidate for a franchise, PET DEPOT® will confirm with you that our Uniform Franchise Disclosure Document (UFDD) has been declared effective in your state prior to moving forward. PET DEPOT® is registered in 41 states and Canada. (PET DEPOT® can not sell you a franchise in a state where the UFDD has not been registered or declared effective by that state. If, after analysis of your application, PET DEPOT® determines that you would be approved as a franchisee, state laws require that we provide you with the Franchise Circular prior to such sale.)
2. Financing. If you’re planning to use third-party SBA lending, please indicate so on your application. If we approve your application, there are options for how you choose to obtaining financing from a lender.
• Franchisees of the PET DEPOT system are eligible for expedited and streamlined SBA loan processing through the SBA's Franchise Registry Program, www.franchiseregistry.com
• You can contact your local SBA lender directly and work with the branch manager
• or if you prefer, you can obtain assistance with a company such as Small Business Associates <http://www.sbahelp.net> who will shepherd you through the SBA process for a reasonable fee. This company (or other similar companies) work directly with you through the loan process and submit your package to various lenders that they determine would most likely approve you.
• You may consider funding your store with a home equity loan. This is often the fastest and least costly loan.
Note: PET DEPOT® is not affiliated with any lender, does not receive commission or fees from lenders, and can not guarantee that any lender will finance your store.
Once financing has been obtained, the process of building your store quickly accelerates. If a suitable site is available, we can usually build your store in approximately 60-90 days.
3. Site Selection and build out. We will provide you with information you need to intelligently select a store site, and confirm that the site meets necessary demographic criteria. We work closely with you through the negotiation process and advise you through the build out. We help you design your store for function and presentation. Unlike some franchisors, we do not profit on the build out of your store.
4. Training. Once your store financing is secured, training commences. You will spend time at our Corporate store in La Verne, CA. learning how to run your store. About two-weeks is required to learn the many functions you will need to perform in the operation of your store.
5. Stocking your store. Our staff and your crew, along with several manufacturer and distributor representatives will help you stock the shelves and train your staff during this process. Our aggressive negotiations help stock your store for lower cost, bringing you free goods and/or additional cash savings.
6. Grand OPENING! We design a direct mail piece to let consumers know that you've got the best new place in town to go for pet food and supplies. You are on your way and we're here to guide you through the learning curve and monitor the ongoing health of your business. We also continually negotiate for better deals that you can pass on to your customers.
Congratulations! You are part of the team! We've got decades of experience at your disposal. We maintain staff to help you with all aspects of administration, training programs, advertising, animal care, merchandising and customer relations. We know what it takes to compete in the pet industry and as part of our group, your store will have the clout it takes to be the best retail pet store in town!
>PAGE FIVE: What will it cost me?
>PAGE SIX: PET DEPOT® advertising program
>PAGE SEVEN: PET DEPOT® photo gallery
If you have questions, comments or wish to speak with a PET DEPOT® representative about owning your own store, please contact us or fill out our online application.
Labrador Franchises, Inc.
Call (626) 335-0469
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the best time and way to communicate with you.